Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 21:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.truenorth.org>
To:        "dczech@hemi.com, davidc"@umc.com (David Czech)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AT&T Starserver E sp

> Will FreeBSD run on the server mentioned in the subject?
>
> It is currently running AT&T Unix V rel 4.0, but everything that I want
> to use works much better, (or at least works) on FBSD.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Czech

If this is the machine I think it is, FreeBSD will not run on it. I worked
on a couple of them at my last contract and, if I remember right, they have
a non-standard bus in them. The Starservers I was working on had 4 - 166
Mhz. processors with 512 Meg. of memory. They were not as fast as you would
have thought. Also, AT&T UNIX is sorta ugly.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch       | "Laugh while you can, monkey boy !" |    FreeBSD 2.1.5
jgrosch@sirius.com |          - John Warfin -            | UNIX for the masses