Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:54:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Will Saxon <saxonww@ufl.edu>
To:        Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error: no such 386 instruction: `state'  ???

I was having this problem a few weeks ago while trying to make world. I
had just gotten a new motherboard, that was letting me overclock my
processor (it offered new bus speeds). I reset the processor to run at its
default speed, and I have not seen this error since.

So, if you are overclocked at all I would suggest trying to clock it down
a little.

-Will