Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2008 10:06:22 +0100
From:      Alex <ahornung@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Driver to Driver communication, with kobj?

Hi,

I was wondering what the best way of doing driver to driver
communication is. I'm trying to enqueue an ata-command from a
completely different driver (nothing to do with storage / ata). I
would just bluntly use the ata_controlcmd() function, but it would
require for me to know the device_t of the drive I'm trying to access.
I don't know which device_t it would be, nor do I know how to find it
out.

If this is a no-go... I really need some help with kobj, as I can't
figure it out fully... How do you use a kobj "exported" method from
another driver?

Thank you in advance,

Alex