Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 96 18:16:56 HKT
From:      patrick@para.paradigm2000.com (Patrick Lau)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mouse problem

Hi,

    I am new to FreeBSD, I currently installed the SNAP2.2-960611 and
want to install X.  I follow the readme of X and start configuring
the XF86Config file. I encounter the following problem:

    I type xdm -nodaemon to test XDM and get the message:
	Fatal error:
	 Can't find /dev/mouse something like that

    I go to /dev and follow the readme procedure to
dmesg|grep sio and get
	sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff ........
also I try ./MAKEDEV tty00 and use cat < /dev/tty00 to see whether mouse
response but get
	no such file tty00 error....

BTW: MAKEDEV tty00 will make tty*0 device. Am I correct?