Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:12:11 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail to duplicate messages

--------------enig356CB6C20DB707E1F4D2F8B3

Olivier Nicole wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> What rule, in what file should I set-up to have my mail sendmail mail
> server duplicate all messages to another mail server?
>=20
> I am in the proces sof setting-up a new mail server; in the meantime I
> want all messages arriving to my current mail server under sendmail to
> be duplicated to the new mail server (under postfix, for all it
> matters); so the mailboxes are keept in sync.
>=20
> How can I do that with sendmail?

I believe you should be able to do this with virtusertable.  You will nee=
d to
configure the new machine to accept e-mail using a distinct domain so the=
 old
server  can route e-mail to it, and the new server would need to accept y=
our
actual domain name for delivery too.

Then you need is a /etc/mail/virtusertable file with contents like so:

@your-domain.com	%@new.your-domain.com
@your-domain.com	%

This should have the effect that e-mail for 'foo@your-domain.com' is
delivered to 'foo@new.your-domain.com' (your new mail server) and to
'foo' -- a local username on the old server.  This should only modify the=

envelope addresses, not rewrite the headers in the message itself.

You might need to add=20

VIRTUSER_DOMAIN(`your-domain.com')

to your  $(hostname).mc file, but it should just work with the standard
freebsd.mc configuration, so long as 'your-domain.com' appears in /etc/ma=
il/local-host-names.  For more information see entries matching=20
virtusertable in /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README

Alternately, if your back-end mail store is using IMAP, then you can use
imapsync (ports: mail/imapsync) to duplicate mail account contents from t=
he
old server to the new one.

	Cheers,

	Matthew