Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:45:32 +0100
From:      "Gabor Gabris" <gaborgabris@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Synapics Touchpad cursor freezes and battery querying

Hi

When I use X and normally use the Synaptics touchpad in my laptop (an
Albacomp Eco Traveller V4, AFAIK a rebranded Clevo M660S), the mouse
cursor often freezes for some seconds (up to 4-5 secs) in random
intervals. The freezes are likely to come in a sequence, that is when
the cursor comes out from the frozen state I can move it a bit, then
it freezes again.
I have the same problem under Linux (but more sever there) and a bit
of googling gave me some hints: the querying of battery state tooks so
long that the touchpad's signals are dropped and it goes out of sync.
I do not know whether it is the same problem under FreeBSD, but when
the freezes come, I can see the following in dmesg:

kbdc: TEST_AUX_PORT status:0000
kbdc: RESET_AUX return code:00fa
kbdc: RESET_AUX status:00aa
kbdc: RESET_AUX ID:0000
can't re-use a leaf (directional_scrolls)!
can't re-use a leaf (low_speed_threshold)!
can't re-use a leaf (min_movement)!
can't re-use a leaf (squelch_level)!

Typing this mail I noticed that not only mouse, but keyboard signals
are lost - sometimes I type letters that do not show up. It occurs
when I get the above messages in dmesg.

Additionally I get the following in dmesg:

battery0: battery initialization failed, giving up

Battery monitoring applications however can read the actual charge of
the battery in W (watts).

Reading through the chapter 11 of the FreeBSD handbook (Using and
Debugging FreeBSD ACPI) I tried to recompile the DSDT table, after
disassembling, etc. it with acpidump. But iasl gave 47(!) errors when
compiling it. What do you think, fixing DSDT can solve my problem? And
if yes, can anybody please help me to fix it? Unfortunately I am not
really into programming, I am just a user....

My .asl is at http://www.fw.hu/e66/gabor-clevo660s.asl
Dmesgs with and without ACPI is attached, but unfortunately the
problem is there when booting with ACPI too.
Output of sysctl hw.acpi:

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 1
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.reset_video: 0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/1 C2/1 C3/35
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00% 0.00% 0.00%
hw.acpi.video.crt0.active: 0
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active: 1
hw.acpi.battery.life: -1
hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
hw.acpi.battery.state: 7
hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
hw.acpi.acline: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 47,8C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 89,8C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 104,8C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

Thanks

Gabor Gabris