Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 03:43:02 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>, <will@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/30294: Can't unlock KDE

On Tuesday 04 September 2001 02:20, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 will@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> > It's not setuid root for security reasons.  See x11/kdebase2/pkg-message.
>
> Ok, but if one performs "make install" in x11/kde2 like I did,
> this message will be "lost" in the dependency build phase. Maybe
> this should be displayed at the end of x11/kde2 as well?

In general, somehow gathering up "critical messages" might be a nice feature
for ports.

In this case, the default results from the install are (IMHO) particularly
useless, though, so perhaps instead of it just being a pkg-message, the port
could actually stop and prompt the user for a decision about whether or not
to chmod or, at least prompt him to acknowledge that he saw the message?

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)