Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:50:15 -0500
From:      Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   HZ=1000 and NFS

Is anyone aware of problems with HZ=1000 and NFS?

I was playing around with Luigi's device polling and had no problems (and
significant performance improvement under heavy network load), except for
one server doing NFS. After playing around with it for a bit I found that
it worked perfectly if I did not set HZ=1000. I had a problem with HZ=1000
and NFS once before when playing with ALTQ, but never persued it.

The problem I'm experiencing now is a complete system lockup, no panic or
crashing or informative errors of any kind. The cursor still blinks but
everything else is totally frozen.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras