Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:24:39 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
To:        Anatoliy Dmytriyev <tolid@plab.ku.dk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: server freeze

* Anatoliy Dmytriyev <tolid@plab.ku.dk> [020320 13:37]:

> Hi, all!
>
> We have the strange problem wiht our server:
> perodicaly server freeze: no answers on ping, keyboard also freeze and
> we don't have any panic messages or strange messages in logs.
> Parameters of the server don't change long time, it was very stable machine
> long time...
> Maybe somebody have any idea: what/where is problem?

Can you force a panic (with ctrl-alt-esc)?
If so, you could use the crashdump
(see 'kernel debugging' in the developers handbook)
to see where it locked up, and if it's always in the same place,
send-pr(1) it.

If it's random, then it's more likelt a hardware problem.

This strategy depends on c-a-d working if the keyboard is frozen,
which I'm not sure is possible.

--
Murphy's Law is recursive.  Washing your car to make it rain doesn't
work.