Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:17:53 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   2.2.8S->3.0S upgrade questions

Hi!

I'm running 2.2.8S and planning to upgrade it to 3.0S this weekend.
Before I start, I would like to ask you some questions.

1)
After upgrade procedure, when the new ELF kernel gets installed,
and system is rebooted, kernel will try to mount my SCSI disk.

My /etc/fstab is:

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/sd0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/sd0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/sd0s1g             /home           ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/sd0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/sd0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              1       1
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0
/dev/wcd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

Will it mount my partitions or I should rename them into `da0' before I reboot?

2)
During the upgrade, my /etc and /dev directories are untouched, except
/etc/pam.conf, /etc/login.conf and /etc/auth.conf, right?  If so,
how and when should I upgrade my /etc and /dev directories?

--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the
ru@ucb.crimea.ua	United Commercial Bank