Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:17:16 +0100 (MET)
From:      Keex@gmx.de
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   what is the difference between linux and freebsd?

hello,

So far I've been using Slackware Linux 7.1, and before that different RedHat
distro's (got sick of them, because of them being way too commercial, and
that's not what the linux-spirit was set out to be)

Anyway, I have some Linux experience, will it help me, if I installed
FreeBSD? what are the basic differences between those OS's? does FreeBSD also run
on a PI 75 MHz, 16MB RAM, and only 200MB HD-space available, to be ran as
HTTP-server, router (lan -> Internet) and automatic email fetching and delivering
it to several machines on the lan offline?

There'S one I know about FreeBSD, from the gslug.org message board, that BSD
is a little bit more stable, but that's all. any other differences?

I'd be glad to hear from you guys again.

--
- Alex

  mailto:keex@gmx.de