Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:34:53 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Gerald Abshez <gerald@manhattanprojects.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD security auditing project.

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.9911231407200.46173-100000@hub.freebsd.org> Kris Kennaway writes:
: Yep, this is part of the "education" component: "this is what an unsafe
: function call looks like, and this is how to fix it". There's bound to be
: enough useful documentation out there which we can collect and point to.

__warn_references(tempnam,
    "warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()");

We can increase the number of functions that have this tag (maybe
optionally to aid in the search).  However, tagging strcpy may produce
too loud a cacophony to be useful.

Warner