Date:      Tue, 05 May 2009 19:54:45 -0400
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Jails and IPv6

Hi all,

I've been using VMWare on Linux for quite some time, but I am fed up to
the gills with the hassles I have to go through every time the box needs
to be rebooted. I don't want to start a flame war, so let's just say
that I'm already convinced of migrating to a solution that I don't need
a Linux host for.

I need to be able to run multiple instances of FreeBSD on a single box,
but I *need* IPv6 to work on the virtual machines.

I've read that this is now possible under 7.2. Is this really true?

What I'm looking to do, is set up a new host as IPv6 only. I don't want
to use dedicated hardware if I don't have to, so I'm asking about jails
first.

Operationally, are there any success stories regarding v6 and jails that
anyone could share?

Steve