Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:57:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sd0[a-h], are they still needed?

Hi,

please apologize if this has been discussed already but I have been
on holidays and might have missed some discussion about this:

Will the /dev entries sd0[a-h] still be supported in the future? I still
use them on my non-root disks because they are shorter and IMHO easier
to read. I think they will be needed on "fully dedicated disks" without
a fdisk table but I just want to be sure that they won't be replaced
by something else.

I am a little bit unsure because there were some mails saying that a lot
of things would become easier to handle...
Or does this apply only to the sysinstall/fdisk/disklabel/booting stuff?

Thanks, and sorry if this has been discussed already,

	-Andre