Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:23:58 +0200
From:      "K. Macy" <kmacy@freebsd.org>
To:        "J. Hellenthal" <jhell@dataix.net>
Cc:        Baginski Darren <kickbsd@yandex.ru>, Nikolay Denev <ndenev@gmail.com>, Michael Proto <mike@jellydonut.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple gateways support

Uhm  ... what was the intended content of your message?

And ... the RADIX_MPATH code is now considerably more flexible than just EC=
MP.

-Kip

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:10 PM, J. Hellenthal <jhell@dataix.net> wrote:
> Hmmm funny, seems the mailing list is now stripping my address and
> moving posts to the top.
>
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 06:15:19PM +0200, K. Macy wrote:
>> The weights of the links can be changed at run time. If one link is
>> not passing traffic its weight should be set to zero until such time
>> as it is passing traffic again.

d with different wight)? If yes how it behaves with one link failure, in pa=
rticular if interface is down?

>> > Actually I think the OP is asking about the "options RADIX_MPATH" feat=
ure.

>> > 1) Yes, It can balance over the two links but only using Modulo-N Hash=
 (RFC2991) algorithm, and probably you should setup NAT on both links.
>> > 2) AFAIK there is no dead gw detection code yet.
>> > 3) Yes you can do that. There were some fixes for handling interfaces =
with no-link but I was not able to see it working in my setup. e.g. the hos=
t still tries to send traffic to a interface with no link, effectively blac=
kholing the traffic (this was tested on a soekris box with if_vr(4))

>> > IMHO the whole RADIX_MPATH stuff is still in experimental stage and ne=
eds some more work to work correctly.