Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:54:04 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port of mrtg Not Happy when Trying to Start

	We are moving a mrtg system to FreeBSD so I installed
the port from /usr/ports/net-mgmt/mrtg and the installation went
flawlessly along with perl5.88 which it needs.

	When I tried to start it, I got the following taken from
a screen capture so you can see the version number, etc:

===>   Registering installation for mrtg-2.16.2,1
mrtgfbsd# /usr/local/bin/mrtg /usr/local/etc/mrtg.cfg
Can't locate SNMP_util.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/bin/../lib/mrtg2 /u
sr/local/bin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.
8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /us
r/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/local/bin/mrt
g line 292.

	I did a standard make install on the mrtg port after
doing the same for perl5.8 in /usr/ports/lang. One would expect
that it should find everything it needs so I may have failed to
give it the right options. I am hoping somebody has gotten
mrtg to work under FreeBSD6.3 as I am not terribly familiar with
it and am setting it up for the benefit of other members of our
group who are waiting for it to be running.
Many thanks for any ideas or information as to whether or not
the port of mrtg should still run under FreeBSD6.3.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer