Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:49:00 +0200
From:      Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de>
To:        Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: porting software using glibc's getline()

Am 25.09.2007 um 19:34 schrieb Dmitry Marakasov:

> Is it OK to place GPL sources into the ports tree?

You "infect" the port, then. It doesn't matter if other parts of the
ports are already GPL but if this is the only GPL part, everybody
using this port's code has to make his use (of the GPL'd part) public.

> (it would be silly to make distfile for single 3kb .h file)

This is why I recommended replacing getline() usage with something
similar. Removing code is better than replacing code is better than
adding code.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/