Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2007 02:12:26 -0400
From:      "Zane C.B." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: oddity with update to 7.3 and the mouse

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:35:13 -0700
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net> wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:58:30 -0400
> > From: "Zane C.B." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
> >
> > I've run into a most odd issue. I have two screen setup in
> > non-xinerama mode and if I move the mouse over to the new screen,
> > it gets setup there and I can't move it back.
> >
> > Section "ServerLayout"
> >         Identifier     "X.org Configured"
> >         Screen      0  "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"
> >         Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
> >         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
> >         InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Also on  side note, I use the nvidia driver as well.
>
> You make number 4 to report this, all with nVidia cards. For the
> record, which nVidia card so you have?

nvidia0: <GeForce 7300 LE> mem
0xfa000000-0xfaffffff,0xd0000000-0xdfffffff,0xfb000000-0xfbffffff irq
16 at device 0.0 on pci3

> No word on when to expect a new nVidia driver, but I sure hope it is
> soon and that it fixes this weirdness.

I am hoping so too. I am curious if it is actually the nVidia driver
causing this. It seems odd it would affect this.

> Also, your "ServerLayout" specifies the location of the screens
> relative to each other, but with no fixed reference. I guess that
> this works, but every ServerLayout I have seen places one screen
> (Screen0) at 0 0 and sets other screens relative to that. (Then,
> again, I have not seen all that many config files, so I may be
> simply clueless.) --

I will try that later, but I still find it rather odd. That has
worked since XFree86 4.3 or 4.4. I forget exactly when I went dual
screen. Going to poke the Xorg list tomorrow as well.