Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:10:52 +0300
From:      Vlad Skvortsov <vlad@high.net.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CRON in malloc(): warning: pointer to wrong page.

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 08:49:15PM -0500, Bosko Milekic wrote:
> !>On a probably related matter we had a lot of processes die with signal 4
> !>(one or two a day). We swapped the RAM and I thought it had stopped but
> !>one died yesterday (telnetd). Previously running make index in /usr/ports
> !>would always die with sig4 but since the RAM swap its been fine...
> !>
> !>Any suggestions? I assume sig4 indicates that there is corruption in
> !>either the memory, cache or bus but I have no idea why or what causes the
> !>CRON error.
> !>
> 	Well, are the processes dying with signal 4 dumping core? If so, have
>   you tried debugging from the core dump?
>   	Your malloc() problem could be related to something that you discover
>   this way. After all, the default action on receipt of signal 4 would be
>   to dump core.

	I've got similar problem with CRON, but the system itself is
	definintively stable with good uptime and no processes dying even at
	high load rates.

	I've swapped everything starting from motherboard and ending with
	RAM - nothing helps. Kinda weird. Any suggestions ?

--
Vlad Skvortsov, vss@ulstu.ru, vlad@high.net.ru