Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 95 11:34:14 -0400
From:      Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ep drive (mcast with 3c509)

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

I got two patches for the ep driver that will enable mcast in it.

One that doesn't care about filter and uses promiscuous mode to receive
mcast packets, and another one that does care about filters and mcast listener
list, which was submitted before but never was
commited.

For my initial testing, I chose the one that does care about filters as my
FreeBSD machine is destined to be a dedicated MBONE router.

So far, mrouted and mrinfo seem to like the improved driver. I will do some
more testing and let you know what the results are.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Yves Lepage
yves@cc.mcgill.ca

PS: why do people bother running sunos *.x when you can be supported
so great as all of you guys? People running sunos *.x even pay for
not getting that level of support :-)