Date:      Tue,  2 Jan 2001 13:35:08 -0500
From:      "Joe Magee" <me@joemagee.com>
To:        <Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSD Rollout  FIXED!

newfs rsd0f

did the trick since there was no relavent data on the part.

Thanks for everyones help!

Joe Magee

From: "Joe Magee" <me@joemagee.com>
Date: Tue,  2 Jan 2001 10:42:52 -0500

>did you try running the program as suggested? if so what happened after?

Yes. I did try running fsck as well as fsck_ffs it appears to "salvage" the data/partition however when I reboot I get the same thing. I looked through the archives and found a "UGLY fsck hack" however that doesn't seem to be the solution. I have 15 boxes sitting here that I used ghost to image and they are all giving me the same error.

IS there any way to delete the /log partition and recreate it? the /log partition was the last partition in the disk, it was approximately 6 GB, it was obviously setup for loggin, so and the current moment its empty.

Is it possible when I set up the master I should of not used the entire disk? should I of left empty space at the end of the disk?

I appreciate everyones patience and help!!

Joe Magee