Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:36:20 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Jason E. Hale" <bsdkaffee@gmail.com>
Cc:        Jerry <freebsd-ports.user@seibercom.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to update/build "security/gpa"

On 06/22/10 03:41, Jason E. Hale wrote:
> On Monday, June 21, 2010 15:07:38 Doug Barton wrote:

>> Jerry,
>>
>> I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems. At this time if you
>> want to use gpa the only alternative is to use gnupg 1.x. I realize
>> that's not necessarily an attractive alternative, but see below.
>>

> GPA won't work with gnupg 1.x.

Sorry if my information was incorrect.

> It requires gpgsm which is only provided by gnupg 2.x.  I have
> submitted a PR to make GPA work with libassuan 2.x.  I have also
> submitted a PR for the latest version of GPGME which is also
> required.
>
> GPGME: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=148061 GPA:

Those are committed now, thanks for jumping on this. :)

> I couldn't really do anything with my ports until their dependencies
> were updated first (which you have done).  I would have liked to have
> gotten the updated ports for the dependencies ahead of time so I
> could tackle my ports before they broke.

Sorry if my previous messages weren't clear. On May 12th I sent out the
following with the link to my proposed libassuan update:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2010-May/008339.html

I also discussed the fact that gnupg 2.0.15 was a simple update, but I
did not provide a patch for that.

In any case I'm glad that we're making progress on this transition. As
of now there are no broken ports related to the libassuan update. When
the optional dependencies in kdepim and opensc are removed I'll remove
the libassuan-1 port.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads