Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:46:43 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        lucasleo@tjiwi.co.id, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD Logo

On Wed, 25 February 1998 at 12:23:08 +0700, Lucas Leonardo wrote:
> To whom it may be concerned:
>
> I have a suggestion. There so many applications that use the FreeBSD
> logo (the small devil logo),

Well, it's not a devil, it's a daemon.  And his fork symbolizes UNIX.

> can you include a collection of FreeBSD logo in www.freebsd.org that
> can be downloaded. We like the logo very much but it's hard to
> create it by ourself.

Good idea.  In fact, so good that it's long since been done.  Take a
look at http://www.de.freebsd.org/de/gif/bsd/index.html.  Note that
there are certain restrictions on the use; if you want to use it for
any commercial purpose, ask Kirk McKusick first.  He usually agrees,
and it doesn't cost anything.

Greg