Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:35:04 +0100
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd dependencies?

Le 2002-03-20, Rasputin écrivait :

> chkdepend amd amd_enable        NFS nfs_client_enable
> but is that strictly necessary?

Yes, amd does need the NFS client code (from the kernel's point of view,
amd acts as an NFS server that exports the mount points it manages).

> Is there a knob in rc.conf to optionally load that? It hasn't broken
> anything, I'm just one of those people who shudders when they see NFS servers
> starting (I only use amd to automount local CDROM drives).

You should not see the NFS server processes starting if
nfs_server_enable is set to NO; the dependency which was recently added
only affects the nfs_client_enable variable.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG