Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2013 17:44:55 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roger_Pau_Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
To:        Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-xen@freebsd.org" <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CFT: replacing XENHVM kernel config with GENERIC + xenhvm.ko

On 27/08/13 07:08, Colin Percival wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've attached a patch which eliminates the XENHVM kernel configuration and
> instead allows FreeBSD to run under Xen/HVM with PV drivers by loading a
> new xenhvm.ko module from the boot loader.  This will mean that FreeBSD
> virtual machines running under Xen/HVM will be able to run "straight off
> the ISO" binaries; this will also mean they will be able to use FreeBSD
> Update to update the kernel.
>
> I have spent about 10 minutes testing this in Amazon EC2.  Please help me
> out by doing some more testing. ;-)

Hello Colin,

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not sure this is the best way to move
forward, I would prefer to just have the files merged directly into the
GENERIC kernel rather than having to load a module. Also with the PVHVM
changes I've posted earlier I'm modifying some common files, which
cannot be put into a module, so it makes me wonder if it's worth it to
have some Xen specific code into a module while the rest of it is
already integrated into GENERIC.

Roger.