Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 10:00:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don Whiteside <freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeDetect & Plug n Play

On Wed, 3 Jan 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> Amancio Hasty Jr. stands accused of saying:
> > Is anyone looking into Plug&Play?
> > Here is a contact sorry I forgot his name -- he is the Intel Manager for
> > Plug & Play: 503-264-3196
>
> There was a URL posted recently for the Intel IAL CD application form.
> I filled this in on the last day before christmas, and received the disk
> (FedExed to Australia) late last week.
>
> There's a lot of documentation on it, and possibly enough to get us quite
> a way down the track.

I've seen a rather large book on programming plug and play in my local
Borders bookstore. If there's interest, I'll write down the IBSN next
time I'm in there and pass it on to anyone who's interested.

Hmm... actually....

Ah, here we go. Found on www.books.com:

"Programming Plug and Play" (w/ disk) Kelsey, $40
"Plug and Play System Architecture" Shanley & Anderson, $30

ha! And... "Plug and Play Linux: The Gnu Testament" by the L. Doc
Project. Probably online as well.