Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:04:37 +0100
From:      Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, shigeru@iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-PCMCIA adaptor and interrupts

> I'll have to test this on my laptop.  I think this is more generically
> a pci config issue.

OK, here's another problem just to muddy the waters :-)

I've put this same card into a friend's Dell OptiPlex machine. I can't even
get it recognised as an ISA peripheral. The PCI card is found:

$ dmesg | grep -i pcic
pcic-pci0: <Ricoh RL5C475 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 0 at device 11.0 on pci2

and as you can see no interrupt allocated, but it is also not detected as a
pccard controller.

$ pccardc dumpcis
0 slots found

Hmm. There is a pci-pci bridge detected, so presumably pci2 is downstream of
that - is there a problem with these PCI cards which map into ISA address
space being on the far side of such a bridge?

Unfortunately the Dell's BIOS has absolutely no settings to do with PCI or
interrupt allocation. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Brian.

P.S. I have tried both
  device          pcic
and the default,
  device         pcic0   at isa? irq 10 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
  device         pcic1   at isa? irq 11 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000 disable

P.P.S. Found a picture of the card here:
http://www.airstation.com/PRODUCTS/ASINFO/WLAN/WLI-PCI-OP.html