Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:59:54 +0200
From:      Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac@minibofh.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc(8) script -- waiting for the network to become usable

> I did read the original thread, and like the idea. I myself have servers
> winth ntpd failing to configure tiself at boot due to this problem and
> was thinking of some hack to force the behaviour you suggest.

<off_topic>

	If you use the OpenNTPd instead of classical ntpd one, you won't suffer
this odd behaviour:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/ntpd/ntp_dns.c

</off_topic>

--
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.