Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:27:44 -0500
From:      Gerd Knops <gerti@bitart.com>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMC2632W wireless card for $99.

Darryl Okahata wrote:
> Gerd Knops <gerti@bitart.com> wrote:
>
> > I am just 'fighting' with those 2 items... Both do 128bit WEP under
> > Windows. Under FreeBSD (3.4 release, device wi) I can not get WEP
> > to work. I can only get a link if I disable WEP on the base station
> > (independent of the settings on the laptop!). (And before someone
> > asks:
>
> I thought you got it working with the patch.  Is it still not
> working?

Sorry, that was a driver error. I thought if 'wicontrol' shows WEP as
enabled, ecrypted packets are in use. But the base station had WEP
enabled at that time.

The patch did not have any effect. The card only works if WEP is
disabled on the base. Another problem is that 'wicontrol -T 1' results
in 'wicontrol: SIOCSWAVELAN: Input/output error'.

Gerd