Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:54:01 +1100
From:      Carey Nairn <C.Nairn@dpac.tas.gov.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   yp problems between 2.2.5 and 2.0.5

Hi guys,

I have a problem with a new installation of 2.2.5 on a machine in relation
to yp.

Having set up the new machine as a yp client on our network, I seem to get
some things to work but not others.  If I do a ypwhich, the command returns
the name of a valid server and other functions such as ypcat seem to work
OK.  The point at which I get problems is when trying to authenticate a
user from the yp database.  This fails every time.

The server is running 2.0.5 and the client is running 2.2.5
Both machines are using (Non-US) DES for encryption.

any thoughts?

thanks
Carey Nairn
Carey Nairn              		Mailto:C.Nairn@dpac.tas.gov.au
Information Systems Branch           	Phone:  (03) 6233 3077
Dept of Premier & Cabinet              	Fax:    (03) 6224 3174
GPO Box 123b Hobart, Tasmania 7001
AUSTRALIA