Date:      01 Sep 2002 20:54:49 -0400
From:      Anthony Abby <anthonyabby@aplusdata.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   fsck -p problem! (rebuilding world)

I'm not even sure where to begin searching online for help on this
problem.  I've run some preliminary searches on google, but everything
returns answers to other questions revolving around /dev/ad0s1a.  Hoping
someone here will have seen this before and can point me in the right
direction.

I got CVSup up and running last night and I want to rebuild my system.
I dropped into single user mode and attempted to 'fsck -p' but got the
following errors:

/dev/ad0s1a: NO WRITE ACCESS
/dev/ad0s1a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

I did run fsck manually and everything looked like it came out fine to
me.  I'm following along
http://bsdvault.net/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=21 and
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
simultaneously since this will be my first attempt at rebuilding my
system.

Anybody point me right here??  Thxs!

Anthony