Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 22:03:27 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>, luigi@iet.unipi.it, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS1868 patches

[.....]
> >   I do not mind whether back out or not fjoe's patch. I only hope to
> > fix white noise problem and have a good FreeBSD life :)
>
> Well, it seems to fix the white noise.  I'm not audio expert, so I
> think the best I can do at this point is try out the other patches
> and report if they work for me.  I'll leave it to Luigi to make the
> decisions :-]
>
> I'll follow up tomorrow.

Oops.

The other patches (http://www.jp.freebsd.org/~sanpei/pcm0-ESS.tar.gz)
seem to be for 2.2 only :-/  I run -current on my laptop, so I can't
test them.

Anyone have any other ESS1868 they'd like me to test ?  Should I try
the xperiment stuff ?

Cheers.
--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>