Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:13:29 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports

Brett Glass wrote:
> At 02:48 PM 9/4/2003, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
>
>>cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/ctwm && make install clean
>>or
>>pkg_add -r ctwm
>
> Using /stand/sysintall, I searched the FreeBSD packages for
> 4.8-RELEASE and did not find it (even in the "ALL" list).
> So, I brought in the tarball, which seemed to have a mechanism
> to configure the code for FreeBSD. But that mechanism did not
> work.

Well.  This little exchange just let me know exactly how seriously
I should take Brett Glass.

I was able install ctwm in less than a minute.  If Brett is unable
to install a port, it's obvious that his agenda has nothing to do
with reality, or that he's rambling on about things he knows nothing
about.

Just pointing this out for the benefit of anyone who might be
mistakedly taking him seriously.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies