Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:53:11 -0600
From:      Joe Lewis <joe@relia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fBSD5.1 and pam-mysql troubles

I apologize - I forgot to request an off-list answer - I'm not on the
list.  Can anyone reply - again - directly to me this time?

In addition - I hunted around quite a bit - I can't find the pam source
code, there's not a pam package installed (except for pam-mysql), and
there is a library in /usr/lib called libpam.a - which contains all of
the pam_*.o files, and there is no pam documentation in section 8 (got
plenty of section 3, though, which is worthless in the circumstances).
I am starting to get the impression that who ever set up the pam
interface did it with a static mentality - I feel like I'm going to have
to call it Static Pluggable Authentication Modules, and I'm sick of sPAM
:).  Sorry for the wry humor so early in the week.

Joe