Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:00:42 -0500
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   New sed breaks ports

Dear FreeBSD,

    I did a cvsup to 4.7-RC on Oct 5, and then I tried to install the
port graphics/xine.

    It kept crashing, saying -i is an illegal option for sed.

    I copied the sed from 4.7-PRERELEASE on my other box, which sed was a
different size, and then my xine port 'make install' completed okay.
[Well, without an error; it's not exactly okay, yet;  I'll complain about
my CD in another email.] [Is it okay to have to semicolons in the same
sentence?]

    I notice someone can't install openoffice, seemingly for the same
reason.

    I can repeat this sed difference merely by commanding 'sed -i'.
If it says illegal option, you've got the new, problem version.

--
Wayne M Barnes      stabilizer@klentaq.com