Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 16:12:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP! I ate up my disk devices with MAKEDEV all! :-(

Hello;

	I ran MAKEDEV all because i foolishly thought i needed to do that
to get my sound devices. I actually just needed to run MAKEDEV pas16.
bummer!

	So, i tried to reboot the machine and got dumped into single
user. This is because my swap and other devices are gone. Where did they
go? Is this fixable? Or do i need to reinstall? ( urp!! ). My working
hypthesis is that the data is still there, but that i need to relink them
to locations that fsck and mount understand. Is this a correct assumption?

please let me know!

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life