Date:      Fri, 7 May 2010 21:44:41 +0800
From:      Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@gmail.com>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        adk0212@gmail.com, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apcupsd port regression from 7x. to 8.x

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de> wrot=
e:
>> I am guessing the program would need to be re-written to use v1.0
>> ? =A0Thanks for the feedback and help as always!
>
> I recently converted own code to 1.0 API, just to get negative
> feedback from Debian users, since they only offer libusb 0.1 packages
> for anything but bleeding edge development versions.
> I assume because of this the old API will still be around for some time.

Hmm, that is a bit strange. But you are right Debian/Ubuntu
still have libusb-0.1 and libusb-1.0. Other Linux distros move
to libusb-1.0 and libusb-0.1-compat since libusb-0.1 is no longer
maintained by the developers and the bug reports are treated
as "won't fix".
http://www.libusb.org/report/1

--=20
Xiaofan (part of the libusb-win32 admin team)