Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:04:20 +1100
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Python 3.4.0

On 22/03/2014 9:08 PM, Jerry wrote:
> I see that Python 3.4.0 has been released
> <http://blog.python.org/2014/03/python-340-released.html>. Are there any
> plans to incorporate it into the ports system?

Hi Jerry :)

I'm a major part of the way through finishing a lang/python34 port, that
is taking a little extra time due to it being created from scratch,
rather than copying/inheriting from the existing ports.

It's currently builds and passes the test suite, what's left is cherry
picking from the various overrides and workarounds from existing ports
to ensure those cases are covered, and some minor annoyances (like a
proper and uniquely versioned shared library name)

If you're interested in having a early play, jump on IRC
(#freebsd-python on freenode) and I'd be happy to share my WIP update
and get feedback

Thanks for getting in touch.

koobs