Date:      08 May 2002 11:10:10 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Emil Cazamir <emil.cazamir@galati.rdsnet.ro>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnome-pilot package flaw

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 03:59, Emil Cazamir wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 4.5 STABLE porrtbuild [upgraded from FreeBSD 4.4] and
> I want to install gnome from the ports tree. It seems that the package
> gnome-pilot doesn't detect the fact that ORBit is not installed. Pls
> check this.

It does check provided all the dependencies for gnomepilot are
successfully installed.  However, if you have gnome-pilot installed,
remove ORBit, then try to reinstall it, it will not detect ORBit is
missing.  sobomax is working on some cool enhancements to the ports
system that I believe corrects this problem.

Joe

PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc