Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:32:52 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Jeff Kletsky <Jeff@Wagsky.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for V.90 PCI modems?

Jeff Kletsky wrote:

> I have not been able to find evidence in the FAQs or sio source for the new
> V.90 PCI modems.  Before buying one, I'd like to know the status on the
> STABLE branch, and/or stability of code in the CURRENT- branch for its
> support.

I happened to have one of these lying around, a Diamond V.90 PCI internal.
I stuck it in this machine and rebooted, running pretty much vanilla
2.2.6-RELEASE, and this is what dmesg tells me:

pci0:12:    vendor=0x127a, device=0x1002, class=comms, subclass=0x00 int a irq 9
 [no driver assigned]

Somebody mentioned a couple of weeks ago how to modify one of the system
sources to wire this up to the sio driver.  Can anyone throw some quick
instructions at me?

I'll give this a try in the morning, I'm off to bed.  If I can't get this
working fairly easily in the FreeBSD machine, it'll get banished to the
void of the wife's Win95 machine, so it's not a total loss.  For $40,
it's pretty hard to lose much anyhow.  ;^)