Date:      Tue, 09 Feb 1999 01:56:05 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/

Steve Kargl wrote in message ID
<199902090634.WAA65450@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>:
> Then, *BUY* the cd-rom and support the FreeBSD project.

All that would happen would be that ppl will see `oh, no DHCP support on
install. Better go with that linux dist which supports it' and we lose
support. *shrug*

Keeping people happy is the name of the game. I think you fail to understand
that concept. If people need DHCP to install, then that becomes a requirement.
Its not a cost issue. Its a `oh, I want to do this tonite, I have time. What?
I need to wait for a CD to be shipped?!?!? **** that, I'll go install
something which *SUPPORTS* *MY* *NEEDS*'

Please, unless you have something constructive to contribute to this
discussion, I suggest you drop it before you look like you are irritated
because fortran is still in the base tree and you now have a bee in your
bonnet.

Instead of being an obstruction to progress, I suggest you find ways to
contribute to the furthering of your goals. e.g. working with the people
developing the new integrated packaging system which would make the
distinction between `distribution' and `package' blurred.

Gary