Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:23:51 +0200
From:      Francois Kritzinger <ffkrz@iafrica.com>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   QUESTION: Installing JDK1.3 for Linux on freeBSD

--------------300B63AE59D3ACBFA1B689A0

Hello there

I downloaded the Linux JDK 1.3. It is a  script (.bin) which basically
extracts JDK (the actual files, bin, docs, etc dirs included, not source
or anything) into the working directory. I don't know what else it
does...
I don't know how to install it though.

Do I simply set my CLASSPATH and PATH variables? If so , where do I do
this, in .profile or in csh.cshrc? Or where?

If no, what then?

And also, on a side note, what are some of the better Java IDE's for
freeBSD?

--------------300B63AE59D3ACBFA1B689A0

FreeBSD hostx 4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #3: Mon Mar 26 09:00:38 SAST 2001     root@hostx:/usr/src/sys/compile/AYONKERNEL  i386