Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:41:36 -0500
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port removal procedures?

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 04:44:49AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> I'd like to get rid of the bogofilter-tdb port when I update the
> bogofilter master port in a couple of days, is such OK or do we have to
> carry the port forward (perhaps with older bogofilter code) until the
> expiry date?

The expiry dates are really just intended as heads-up for users.  The
date you set was unusually generous :-) (I usually pick 2 months).  So
if no one has spoken up before now I hardly think it is necessary to
keep it around longer.

Note that we are still in ports freeze while we wait for more people to
test the current set of packages before we tag the tree, so "in a couple
of days" may be somewhat optimistic.

mcl