Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:41:44 -0500
From:      "00" <x2s500y@sekurity.net>
To:        "Chris Byrnes" <chris@JEAH.net>, <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sshd exploit?

Yes, your friend is right, I'm not sure of the specifics, but I have a copy
of the exploit and it has only been released in binary form.  OpenBSD's
OpenSSH team or no other SSH development group has yet to make a formal
statement, most likely due to the fact they don't know what the vunerability
is as of yet so they don't want to spark a fire.  The vunerability is a
great threat because it is remote and root compromisable.  The exploit scans
a listing of addresses, and when it find a host it just drops to a
rootshell.