Date:      Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:05:32 +0200
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>
To:        usb@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fw: sponsoring to port the graphire USB tablet device driver to FreeBSD

FYI, please reply to usb@freebsd.org only

marco

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:58:52 +0200
From: Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>
To: usb-bsd@eleetbsd.org, linuxwacom-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Arvid de Jong <a.j.dejong-1@student.utwente.nl>,
haroon@khalidconsulting.com, khym@azeotrope.org, v.velox@vvelox.net,
joe@tao.org.uk
Subject: sponsoring to port the graphire USB tablet device driver to
FreeBSD

Hi,

I am putting some of you in the CC list because you expressed interest
in the past in having the graphire USB tablet device driver ported to
FreeBSD.

I'd like to sponsor a work in this direction, and I hope some of
you will join in with the amount of money you feel like.

There is a working device driver of the wacom USB tablet for Linux,
at http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/, which supports FreeBSD only
for serial.

What I would like is support in FreeBSD for the USB tablet, more
precisely
I'd like at least absolute positioning (opposed to relative positioning
like a mouse) and working with the Gimp.

The supported tablets should be at least the graphire 2.

I put 100 EUR on the table for this.

Anybody interested?

thanks
marco

--
He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself
without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine,