Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:51:21 -0200
From:      Diego Wentz Antunes <devlware@terra.com.br>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic Problems

>>>Panic #2:
>>>---
>>>#9  0xc02607aa in generic_bcopy ()
>>>#10 0xc0247c30 in scstart (tp=0xc0879b00) at ../../dev/syscons/syscons.c:1285
>>>

>[ ... ]
>

>>generic_bcopy() is an asm function which may not have a full frame.
>>Thus, when gdb walks back over the stacktrace, it may skip the frame
>>that called generic_bcopy() and go to the previous frame.  ddb sometimes
>>does a better job with backtraces for some reason.
>>

>This is a good point.  He should take a backtrace from ddb, at
>the time of the panic.
>
>There is still the little problem of the line numbers not matching
>the FreeBSD source code.  If he can't provide at least a CVS timestamp
>to use to check out a source tree identical to his, I'm feeling pretty
>strongly that he's running with local modifications that he's not
>telling us about, and that these modifications are likely the source
>of his problem.
>
>-- Terry

    No Terry there are no modifications from me to local files. I realy
don't know why the information is incomplete
but I didn't make any modifications.
    Its possible that a memory problem cause this errors? Again, last
night the computer stop running 3 times without
an apparent cause. This afternoon the first time a turnned on the
computer it panics again with a fatal trap 12. I'll try
to change this memory just to eliminate the possibility of hardware
problem then if it continues i'll do a hard study on
gdb and try to find some info.
    Could you provide some good source of information to gdb?

    Thanks Diego