Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 19:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        phk@FreeBSD.org (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, karl@mcs.com, grog@lemis.de, hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PONY UP! (was: The -stable problem: my view)

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> What I'm more than a little bit disappointed with, is the number of
> quite obvious commercial entities with their relative amounts of
> success and dependencies on FreeBSD that have sent an email to
> -core saying, "Hi, we owe you people something, what can we do for
> you in return ?"

FreeBSD has long been promoted as free.  It is hard for me to imagine
how the word "owe" can be associated with the word "free".  But then,
here in the US, I've run into alot of "free" things in which you
really "owe".  So perhaps I am out-of-step with the modern meaning
of the word free.

For the benefit of the aged, like myself, perhaps you could
change the name. 8-)

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com