Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:45:12 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFNjaMO8dHRl?= <lists@mschuette.name>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: swap_pager: indefinite wait

Sossi Andrej schrieb:
> swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 31, size: 4096
>
> Can somebody help me understand why the system crashed this way or how
> to avoid future crash?

This happens when it takes more than 20 seconds to swap out a page
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#INDEFINITE-WAIT-BUFFER).

I had the same problem some time ago with FreeBSD 6.0 when making
Backups (so the disks were busy). For me it helped to increase the
timeout from 20 to 40 seconds in vm/swap_pager.c
(http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/vm/swap_pager.c?v=FREEBSD60#L1103)

--
Martin