Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:00:48 +0200
From:      Iv Ray <pobox@verysmall.org>
To:        Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what to do when FreeBSD cannot do something?

> What virtulization system to use? Personnally I use ESXi from vmware

This was a great tip, thank you. I wasn't aware that ESXi is a bare =
metal and free.

> What OS to use instead of FreeBSD? It depends on what is recommended
> for your application, what resources you have available around you,
> etc. For a similar problem I choosed Ubuntu because Ubuntu was well
> supported by the application and some colleagues had a decent
> knwoledge of ubuntu.

I am not fanatic about FreeBSD, but I feel very comfortable with it and =
I resist change. However your ESXi tip would allow me to run ESXi on =
bare metal and virtualize simple installations of the "unpleasant" =
legacy OSes without making my fingers too dirty.

Thank you very much,
Iv=