Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2014 14:45:40 -0400
From:      Nathan Dorfman <na@rtfm.net>
To:        Merijn Verstraaten <merijn@inconsistent.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's heartbleed response

Are you sure about that? The only email I saw stated that FreeBSD 8.x
and 9.x weren't vulnerable because they were using an older OpenSSL,
from before the vulnerability was introduced.

FreeBSD 10-STABLE, on the other hand, seems to use the vulnerable
OpenSSL 1.0.1e, and I didn't immediately see OPENSSL_NO_HEARTBEATS in
the Makefile there. So I may well be missing something, but it looks
vulnerable at first glance.

-nd.